Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dream Sequence

I've often had dreams in which Stella makes an appearance, much like I've had dreams about Mike, my family members, and my job.  But last night I had a dream that was so detailed and complete that I had to record it here!

I was at my parents' house and for some reason Stella was being stored in the garage (in my dream Mom and Dad's garage was set up like a workshop at the mechanic, though this is not how it is in real life).  I was sitting in the living room with the family when I noticed an older black man with a baseball bat coming up the driveway (no stereotypes intended--my subconscious is apparently a little racist! >_<).  His mannerisms scared me and I ran to the door, shouting at him to go away--and surprisingly he did, but only to the house across the street.  When he reached our neighbor's house he used the bat to smash in their front windows and go inside.

Meanwhile, as I'm watching from the front window of Mom and Dad's house, I'm freaking out and shouting at my Dad to call the police.  Dad calmly explains that we don't need to do that because we can "see everything from here and keep an eye on him."  Apparently I am the only one concerned about the safety of my neighbors in this dream!

Time seems to go by with little detail, and like many dreams I have, I know things are taking place without witnessing them actually take place.  I know that I've been obsessed with watching this strange man inside my neighbor's house, I know my family is not as concerned as me, AND.... I know they've STOLEN STELLA. *HORROR*

The intruder now has invited several of his friends over to stay in my neighbors house, where I'm sure they are breaking all kinds of laws while my family and I watch.  But when I start seeing them racing Stella up and down my dirt road (and in my dream I can vividly see her, red with a black stripe, lacking her historic license plate on the nose just the way she is now, squealing tires and flying dirt and rocks off behind her), I go completely insane. I start begging my dad to finally call the police before they "kill her."  I was very dramatic in this dream though I'm sure if this really happened I wouldn't act much different.

Dad agrees that it's time to call the police and seems confident that we'll be able to get Stella back because we know exactly where she is.  I don't witness the phone call, but I somehow know that the police agreed to come have a look, but only twice a day at certain times.  If Stella wasn't at the house where the intruders were during those certain times, they'd drop the case.

I hadn't seen the intruders take Stella out in a while, and I started thinking that the battery probably died.  HAHAAAA SUCKAS!! >:D  

[This part deserves a little background information, because I'm not sure I've discussed it in the blog previously.  Basically, each and every time we go out driving we have to reconnect the battery, and then disconnect it when we return.  If we don't, the battery will literally drain overnight, leaving not even enough juice to turn the interior lights on the next day.  Luckily, the battery is located just behind the driver's seat, rather than under the hood, so it takes only a few moments to hook it up each time.  Last year we panicked numerous times when we would come out and turn the key.... to nothing.  We eventually realized that battery power was leaking profusely somewhere, even when the car was turned off.  Because we couldn't find any device that seemed to be soaking up battery life, I developed the hunch that the battery cables were probably bad, and simply leaking battery power out into the surrounding area.  It's common in a car this old.]

Anyway, in my dream I thought that this had happened.  I go to check it out and sure enough, the intruders couldn't figure out why they couldn't get the car to start.  They threatened me into explaining what was wrong, but I told them I needed to get some tools to be able to fix the problem.  They let me go and I call the police at that point, telling them to come over quick because my stolen car was at my neighbors house!

I didn't see the rest of the dream in detail, but I did end up getting Stella back.  I remember that I felt very accomplished with myself because it seemed like Mike and I had earned the right to drive Stella by figuring out all the tricks to keep her on the road, while these strangers hadn't done any work and therefore were too uneducated to handle her.  I guess that is true to a certain degree in real life (although I'm sure most people would've checked the battery), but I do have an underlying sense of pride when it comes to Stella.  You can't just hop in and turn the key like any other car, because she's simply not like any other car.  In reality it's more of an annoying series of mechanical things, but in my dream it was more of "a car chooses its driver" kind of thing. I liked it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment