Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome Home


My husband and I recently bought a house after living for almost a decade apartment-to-apartment.  We had a very short list of must-haves when it came to house-hunting, but one thing we knew we wanted was a third garage space for Stella.

I've got to hand it to this car.  She stuck it through for a year sleeping under a tarp in the driving rain and wind.  She spent the winter months in a stranger's one-car garage which she shared with a motorcycle, tools and various lawn equipment.  Constantly exposed to the elements, she grew filthy quite often, and received tow threats from our apartment management for having leaky fluids.


It was a difficult year.  I've always wanted an old Stingray like Stella, but it was always with the thought in mind that I'd have a safe place to store it.  As it happens, I found Stella before I found my house, but I guess all is well that ends well.  I can't say enough how happy it makes me to have a home for her now, where the passage of time won't take quite as large of a toll on her as it did outdoors.  

I think she likes it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment