Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Best Time of Year


It's springtime finally, and after a few weeks of rain to wash away the salty roads of winter, it was time for the best time of the year.  Time for the eye candy to come out of the garage.

Spring is a fantastic time for anyone living in Michigan. After a long, cold and dark EIGHT MONTHS indoors, we can finally open our windows again, and be outside without taking 10 minutes to bundle up.  Everyone's Vitamin D levels go back up as we are finally exposed to sunshine again.  It's awesome, that first opportunity you get to open the windows after so long.  For me, this time of year is even better than most, because not only can I open my windows, but I can also start up my Corvette. 


Of all the things I miss about Stella all winter long, the thing I miss the very most is the relief she brings after a long, hard day at work.  I can't explain why, but coming home, jumping in and driving fast in that car makes me forget about everything else.  That kind of stress relief can't be bought and can't be replicated.  It's truly priceless.



Having Stella out of the garage again reminds me of course that her driver's side rear wheel is about to fall apart. And her turn signals don't work. And her battery drains over night. And I get to ask myself awesome questions like, "I wonder if my window will roll down today??"

That's ok.  No car has ever been loved quite so much. :)


1 comment: