Friday, August 26, 2011

Rescue Corvette

The engine replacement process has begun, and I find myself pacing through the day like a nervous new parent awaiting bad news. It's been a long three weeks since all this went down by the side of the road in a puff of white smoke. I remember seeing that cracked engine for the first time and crying the whole drive home. Not because my fun was (albeit temporarily) over, but because I felt so bad that this happened to such a great car. A car that is so much more than that--which brings me pure, honest joy each and every time I take a ride. Like a malnourished and abused dog is rescued from a life of neglect and cruelty, I feel like this Vette has been rescued. Adopted and swept away to a better home, Stella's still in her recovery period.

She will know love like she hasn't known it ever before. :)

4 comments: