Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011--the Year I Found Stella

It's New Year's Eve, and I find myself sadly reflecting back on what a very difficult year it has been.  I learned a great deal about myself this year--I persevered through trials as I never thought I could, but I never want to put myself to that test again.  Even with all the unfortunate or painful memories that have haunted me today, there is one 2011 event that always brings the smile back to my face--finding Stella.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  that little red corvette found me, changed me, saved me.  I could not think of a time in my life when I could ever have needed it more.  It's just another reminder that there is some kind of great plan for us all.  That the good things (and yes, even the bad) happen to us for a reason.  That you're meant to be tested and loved and hurt, and when it's all said and done you couldn't be who you are without all these experiences.

2011 was a year of difficult change, but each and every time I drive around wrapped in the warmth of Stella's engine, she reminds me that together we weathered the storm.  The days that I wanted to cry I rolled down her window and the wind blew my tears dry.  Mike and I laughed together sitting behind her sun-bleached wheel as she put miles between us and the worries of our world.

And even when she brought us back home again, we were stronger each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment