Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Ironically, it's Christmas Eve and we have absolutely no snow!  It's a beautiful, sunny day outside and I find myself thinking that it would be great weather for driving the Vette around if only it weren't in STORAGE! ;)

Stella's doing great--our buddy Steve is kindly keeping her in his one-car garage which she shares with Steve's motorcycle (hopefully they're good friends by now :P).  Mike starts her up occasionally to keep her belts and other moving parts from getting too cold and stiff, and checks her fluid levels to be sure they aren't dropping too low.  One month of winter down and it hasn't even been cold enough for us to consider putting her up onto blocks to keep her tires off the ground!  I'm sure winter will make up for lost time--it always does!

To prevent another summer of repairs like the one we just endured, Mike and I have done a better job (so far) of financial planning to fit Stella in alongside our other lofty plans.  For now we have no major repairs in the works, although I would like to replace the seat belts next if possible.  As a special treat, we're contemplating getting a personalized license plate for her in the spring, but only if I can get her name in some combination of letters/numbers.  Otherwise I think I'll just bide my time and save my money.

Merry Christmas Stella!

No comments:

Post a Comment